A tune-up (also known as a major service) is regular maintenance performed on an automobile, or more generally, any internal combustion engine. Most automobile manufacturers recommend a tune-up be performed at an interval of 30,000 miles (48,000 km) or two years, whichever comes first.
As with all preventive maintenance performed on an automobile, tune-ups can prevent myriad problems from occurring on a vehicle. The filters replaced can clog with use and prevent flow, starving the engine of fuel or air. Spark plugs have a recommended service lifetime of either 30,000 miles or, in the case of platinum or iridium plugs, 60,000 to 100,000 miles (96,000 to 160,000 km), and old spark plugs may cause engine misfire.
Here is a typical tune-up:
- Replace the fuel filter. Filters get clogged with particles and it can decrease the car's efficiency and power.
- Change the spark plugs and check the plug wires. Bad plugs or wires lead to mileage inefficiency, loss of power, and rough starts. We'll want to make sure you get new plugs and replace old wires.
- Replace distributor cap and rotor. Some cars do not come these items, but if you have them, we can replace them.
- Check ignition system and timing. Older vehicles rely on ignition timing.
- Make needed adjustments to valves and check/replace gaskets if oil is leaking.
- Belts are an important part of the tune up. We check all your belts and replace them if we see signs of wear and tear.
- Check all fluids and top off any levels.
- Change oil and filter if needed.
- Check and replace air filter.
- Check and adjust clutch in cars with manual transmission.
- Service battery. Clean cables, add distilled water, and clean terminals.
The tune up process and service may vary from car to car or based off time since your last tune up service. Prices may also vary based on your vehicle and selected services.
We are independently owned and operated!
We wish to say in advance, "Thank You" for your patronage. In lieu of the fact that we are a "Family Business" we have to ensure that our customer are completely satisfied with our work, service and staff! Value and outstanding service are the cornerstone to our business.Questions? Call Paul at (602) 997-7515
Diesel Engine Service Available
We are specialized in Diesel Engines, contact us for any kind of service.